About Jo Curle
Welcome to Jo Curle Acupuncture. I’m Jo, an acupuncturist and holistic therapist in the North East of England.
Good health is never guaranteed in life, and I believe we each owe it to ourselves to do the best job we can to enhance our wellbeing. I like to use an evidenced based, integrative approach to treatment and love to work collaboratively with patients who are committed to improving their health.
I trained at the Northern College of Acupuncture in York completing a three year BSc (hons) degree in Acupuncture, I am a member of the British Acupuncture Council and Cosmetic Acupuncture UK, and I am the Facial Enhance UK Affiliate for Newcastle. I am fully licensed and insured.
I treat people with a wide variety of conditions, but I have a special interest in:
- Musculoskeletal pain & problems
- Sports related & athletic enhancement acupuncture
- Acute & chronic pain
- Facial Enhancement Acupuncture
- Digestive disorders
- Stress & anxiety
- Natural fertility & IVF
I am fascinated by the human body, nutrition and movement, and in particular, how eating well for our individual needs, and moving functionally can make a notable difference to health and wellbeing. In addition to running my clinics, I am also a tutor on the Body Work stream of the acupuncture degree at the Northern College of Acupuncture.
I continually further my learning with regular CPD and discovering the latest research. Recent (and upcoming) CPD I have completed includes:
- Sinew Channel & Gua Sha with Tim Sullivan
- Facial Enhancement Acupuncture with Paul Adkins
- Applied Channel Theory Channel Palpation with Yefim Gamgoneishvili
- Auricular Acupuncture with Jim Chalmers
- Divergent Channels - Jeffery Yuen's Complement Channel Acupuncture with Tim Sullivan
- Classical Chinese Dynamic Pulses for Complement Channel Acupuncture with Ann Cecil Sterman
- Tuina Introduction with Tim Sullivan Tim July 2017
- Luo Vessels - Jeffery Yuen's Complement Channel Acupuncture with Tim Sullivan
- Acupuncture for Mental Emotional conditions with Chris Nortley
- Emmet Technique Introduction
- Sinew Channels - Jeffery Yuen's Complement Channel Acupuncture with Ann Cecil Sterman
- Decoding Acupuncture's Evidence Base with Mel Hopper Koppelman
- Micro Needle Therapy Dermarolling with Paul Adkins (* to complete)
- Advanced Facial Rejuvination, Cupping, Gua Sha and Micro Dermarolling with Michelle Gellis (* to complete)
Other related therapies I have trained and practised in since 2002 include:
Swedish & Advanced Body Massage, Thai Massage, Indian Head Massage, Hot Stones Massage, Holistic Facials & Spa Therapies, Muscle Energy Techniques, Soft Tissue & Fascial Release, Acupressure, Aromatherapy and Reflexology.